On Apr, 15 2021
Yes.Fit is partnering with Readout Health to conduct a new study on ketogenic nutrition and the effect of their BIOSENSE® breath ketone monitor on weight loss. Get insight into what the study is all about, the benefits and top questions and answers around the study.What is Keto and Biosense®?
The purpose of following a low-carb lifestyle is to put the body into a state of ketosis where the body relies on burning fat for fuel instead of glycogen stores (sugar).
BIOSENSE® provides real-time feedback on dietary and lifestyle choices and provides clearer insight than the weight scale, which is the traditional tool for obesity management and lifestyle change programs.
What's the study about?
Yes.Fit is seeking out 50 individuals who will take part in a two-month study, utilizing Yes.Fit's app and the BIOSENSE® breath ketone monitor.
When does the study start?
The two-month-long study will start June 1 and will end July 30, 2021.
What do I need to do to apply?
Individuals who are interested in apply will need to submit their information by visiting the Yes.Fit and Biosense information page. The form is located at bottom of the page. Additionally, participants are required to submit a form a 30-60 second video of your story and why we should select you for this study.
I've submitted the video but receive an error message. What do I do?
Please make sure all video submissions are less than 100MB, otherwise, the video will not be submitted.
I don't live in the United States. Can I still participate?
Unfortunately due to shipping various items, we have limited this study to U.S residents only.
What are the potential benefits of being a part of this study?
- Increased weight loss by burning body’s stored fat
- Decrease hunger associated with carb-heavy diets
- Increased satiety (feeling full)
- Decreased inflammation
- May increase immunity
How can I find out more about this study?
Check out the video below, as Chris Pacio, our Fitness Director speaks to Elisa Itkowitz, MS, RD around measuring physical activity and flexibility with regards to metabolism.
Top insights of the video include:
- This study will bring together accountability and measuring, as we will have two devices - Yes.Fit, one that measures activity such as races, fitness challenges, and other workouts, and Biosense breath ketone monitor, the ONLY clinically backed breath ketone monitor to track your fat metabolism rate
- Using the Biosense device to measure one's energy sources that can help us succeed in our workouts and weight loss
- We have two main sources of energy, glycogen, and fats and when you deplete your glycogen stores from carbohydrates, we're measuring fat, the fat burn, what stage you are at in the process, and also measuring if you're fat-burning rather than going by what you think you're body is doing.
- When you're talking about metabolic flexibility, you're talking about initially burning carbohydrates to then burning fat and vice versa.
- When your body becomes more fat adaptive, it has a lot more energy for the body to use and a lot of benefits your body can have by using this energy source rather than for glycogen and carbohydrates.