On Dec, 10 2020
One of the sweetest things about the holiday season is the delicious aromas that fill the air. From dancing sugar plums to candy canes, nothing is quiet as lovable as the gingerbread man. His smiling icing face and his perfect blend of cinnamon and nutmeg makes him one of Santa's favorite! If your following Keto lifestyle you don't have to miss out on this seasonal treat. Here's the recipe to put you on the Nice List for sure!
- 2 ¼ Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Substitute
- 3 tbsp. Butter (softened)
- 1 large Egg 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Stir together the almond flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
- In a larger bowl beat the butter and brown sugar substitute for about a minute, until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the almond flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the ball of dough between two large pieces of parchment paper. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes and transfer them to the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden on the edges.
- Cool on the cookie sheet before handling or frosting.
Pro tip: If you want frosting, use keto frosting.