On Dec, 22 2020
The refreshing chocolatey treat has always been a holiday favorite. Now everyone can enjoy it! Whether you are practicing a consistent vegan lifestyle or simply wanting to cut back on unhealthy options; this peppermint paradise is perfect for a holiday break.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup softened coconut butter
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 crushed up candy canes
- Place chocolate chips in a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water)
- Stir and melt until the chocolate is a smooth consistency.
- Pour melted chocolate into an 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place pan in the freezer for 10 minutes to let chocolate solidify.
- Slightly melt the coconut oil and coconut butter until it's a thick icing consistency. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and spread coconut mixture over the chocolate using a rubber spatula.
- Top with crushed candy canes or peppermint candies.
- Place in the freezer to set completely (about 1-2 hours)
- Once set, remove from the freezer and break into pieces.
- Store in freezer.